Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Battle of the March Boxes: Birchbox vs. Ipsy

Happy St. Patrick's day everyone!  I had a lovely surprise today.  A lovely shiny pink envelope and bright pink box arrived in the mail! Both my March Birchbox and Ipsy Glam Bag came today.  Can you say great mail day?!

I have been subscribed to Ipsy for a little over a year and absolutely love it!  It is like receiving a monthly magazine except you get an adorable makeup bag with 4-5 deluxe to full-size makeup and beauty products each month.  It costs $10/month and you can sign up to pay monthly or yearly.  I would say there is usually about a month wait to get your first bag.  Although, they frequently let subscribers bypass the waitlist if they share or post something on their Facebook wall.  Each month you can review your products and refer your friends to join for points.  You can later cash in your points for great rewards.  Last month I cashed in my points for a full-sized Beauty Blender and deluxe sample of Blender Cleanser!  If you are interested in subscribing to Ipsy, you can use my referral link here.

This month, Ipsy started a new artist series featuring Klari Reis' artwork on the March Destination Beauty Glam Bag.  Her artwork was inspired by the "Street Anatomy" of San Francisco, CA (home of Ipsy headquarters), but I think it looks a bit like cells under a microscope.  You can decide for yourself. Either way it was brightly colored and cute.

March 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag contents:
*Nicole by OPI Roughles Collection nail polish in On What Grounds? (full-size)
*bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lipstick in Get Ready (sample)
*Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer (sample)
*Be a Bombshell Eyeshadow Quad in Bora Bora (full-size)

Birchbox is a $10/month lifestyle beauty sample subscription box.  You can pay monthly, yearly, or gift subscriptions are available.  I have been subscribed to Birchbox for four months.  I get a variation of products ranging from shampoo to makeup to tea to hair tools.  I love Birchbox's reward program.  you You can review your monthly box products for 10 points a piece, make purchases at the Birchbox store and get accrue 1 point for each dollar you spend, or refer friend to subscribe for 50 points each.  Every 100 points is worth $10 at the Birchbox store.  The store is loaded with great brands and products that get sampled each month and some extra exclusive items.  I just made a purchase using my Birchbox points and I will share that with you all soon!  If you want to join in on the Birchbox fun, you can use my invitation link here.

March 2014 Birchbox contents:
*Air Repair Rescue Balm (sample)
*Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle Spray (sample)
*Coola Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face (sample)
*theBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream in Pie (sample)
*Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream (Birchbox Find sample)

For swatches and first impressions of my March 2014 Birchbox & Ipsy products you can take a peek at my reveal video.




Thanks for stopping by! Let me know in the comments what you got in your Birchbox or Ipsy this month.  Did you get any of the same products?  What were your hits/misses?  See you all soon!

XXOO
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment